Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sandy Leppanen


Sandy here! I’ve always had a passion for travel and experiencing other cultures since I was very young. I’ve had the opportunity to visit all 50 USA states and several countries. While it’s always exciting to go on trips to see new places and have new adventures I find that journeys with a mission (stateside or to other countries) are SO eye-opening and rewarding and, above-all, life-changing. When we step out in faith and answer the call to be an instrument of God and when we make ourselves available to be the hands & feet of Jesus to others we discover a lot, REALIZE more, and are enriched in great measure. While some destinations like Haiti reveal many severe differences to my current day-to-day world, I’m always blown away by the similarities of being a human vessel – all created in the likeness of the Creator –placed on this earth to live, love, laugh, cry, rejoice, mourn, succeed, fail, … and the infinite list of other human conditions.

As our Calvary team is immersed in the devastation we’ve seen in the media about Haiti –particularly after the earthquake – I look forward to sharing smiles & hugs and experiencing first-hand all that I have heard about the zeal and resilience and abundance of joy of the Haitian people amidst that blatant backdrop of severe poverty. We are “One in the Spirit”.

Lord, thank you for the gifts and talents of my Calvary team members. Use us and keep us strong to SHARE the love of a comforting and healing God on this humbling journey.

“So we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” (in any language) Romans 12:5 (NAS)

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, you will be such an amazing asset to Calvary's team visiting Haiti. I'll be praying for you and following the blog. Bless you, my friend, and the whole group!

    ReplyDelete