Thursday, June 20, 2013

Holly Dasinger


Hi, my name is Holly Dasinger.  I live in Brooklyn Park with my two cats, Fuzzy and Bailey.  In my free time I like to read, do various craft projects, spend time with friends and family and be outside doing anything when the weather is nice.

In the fall, I will be completing my final semester of nursing school at Anoka Ramsey Community College.  I chose to become a nurse because I have a real passion for helping others and enjoy bringing a smile to people's faces.  For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to save the world and reduce the suffering I see.  Being a nurse will allow me to be the hands and feet of Jesus through healing touch and care.

I felt led to go to Haiti because I had recently been feeling distant from God, and I wanted to strengthen my relationship and become closer with Him.  I also had been hoping to participate in a mission trip through Calvary for a while, but wasn't able to because the trips conflicted with my school schedule.  When I saw that a mission trip was scheduled during the summer, I jumped at the chance to go.  I am excited to see how God will work through me on this trip and continue to change my heart.

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.  Be the living expression of God's kindness: Kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, and kindness in your smile." - Mother Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment