Saturday, February 13, 2016

Sandy Rogness


Trip #4 for me.  It’s the calmest I’ve felt in returning.  I get asked, “What do you do there?” as I begin gathering items to bring to Haiti. Well, I leave behind watching this morning’s cartoons with my grandchildren after a special over nighter, worrying about my independent father with dementia and his needs for each day,  his dog that my husband and I walk twice a day even in this cold, concern for my only sibling’s needs as she recovers from oral surgery a week prior to our moving her to a different group home, as well as wondering about subbing for 7th and 8th graders this coming week. What a joyous opportunity ahead to be reminded that God is in charge.  He places before me people who sing and dance “God is so good, He’s so good to me” when they seem to have so little.  My faith in our Lord is renewed and increases as time will be shared with a team that goes with genuine humble Christian hearts to see how we can be of service to God’s needing people of Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment