Friday, January 4, 2013

Jean Aslakson

Love others as God loves you… These are the words that have been in my prayers, as I prepare to go to Haiti to serve God and help people who are in need. In 2008, I retired from my life long teaching career as a special education teacher. Patience and a caring heart are gifts that one needs to work with these special children. I am so excited to share my love with the Haitian children, especially those with disabilities and illnesses. My daughter, Kathy, is currently a missionary through Healing Haiti. She lives with the children in Grace Village Orphanage in Titanyen. They have accepted Kathy into their family and I’m sure, the love between them will last forever! Our family and many friends were very proud of her as she accepted a call from God to care, encourage and show His love to the people there. I feel blessed to be called by God to work beside Kathy with our team for one very meaningful, life-changing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment