Saturday, June 15, 2013

Joy Shipe


My name is Joy Shipe and this is my first mission trip.  I live in White Bear Lake, Minnesota with my husband Brian and together we have four boys.  I learn about Healing Haiti from Cathy a dear friend of mine who has been to Haiti several times over the past few years.  The stories she has shared with me about how God has changed her heart and given her a deeper purpose has inspired me to want to take this journey.  I am excited to devote this time to serve the Haitians.  I have no idea what to expect on this trip but I am excited to see what God has planned and the beautiful people in Haiti that I will meet along the way.  God will be right by our side giving our team strength and a willing heart to serve him. God sometimes needs to break us before we can see beyond our own purpose.  I pray that God will help me to make meaning of what I see and give me his eyes and hands to carry out his plan.  How conforming knowing God is in control of this entire trip and knows all the details.  Thank you, family and friends, for your prayers and donations which will all be used for his good works!




No comments:

Post a Comment