Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mike McCain



I am very excited to co-lead this team to Haiti with Greg Buell.  In January 2012, I traveled to Haiti for the first time.  During this initial visit, God flipped my world upside down. He captured my heart and set me on a path to serve this amazing country. 

My desire is simple. I just want to be known as a person who loves Jesus. To be honest, that's not always easy because I'm a broken person. My bent is to run from God and figure it out myself. But the most amazing thing is that God knows this. He knows the "real me" and still loves me unconditionally. And Jesus, he exchanged his righteous life for my broken one on the cross. He endured it all for me (and you) despite knowing the "real me" (and the "real you").  This is good news that's worth living for. 

So this week, my prayer is that our team is laser focused on bringing glory and honor to God. My prayer is that we can be a team marked by humility and a desire to love and follow Jesus. My prayer is that we worship Him in all that we do. 

"Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility, count others more significant than yourselves." (Philippians 2:3)   


No comments:

Post a Comment