Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Bob Miles


I am widowed and have three children and seven grandchildren (who call me Bubba).  The grandchildren all live out of state and I visit them often so that I can play with them and spoil them (ages 12 years down to 4 months).  I am retired from the Postal Service after 36 years.  I attend New Hope Evangelical Free Church in New Hope where I have been for about 18 years.
This will be my second trip to Haiti, and I have been to the Ukraine on a medical missionary trip with my wife as well.  Jesus commanded us to love our neighbor as ourselves, and the whole world is our neighbor (Matt 22:39).  Jesus also told us that whatever you do to the least of my children you do unto me (Matt 25:40).  I am only trying to obey my Lord and Savior.  I have dear friends of my wife and myself who have adopted twin girls from Haiti.  Unfortunately my wife never got the opportunity to meet them.  They are beautiful girls who call me Uncle Awesome and I adore them to pieces.  That situation has fueled my desire to offer what meager substance and assistance I can to the people of Haiti.  I very much look forward to this trip with fellow Jesus lovers to be a light in the darkness to the Haitian people.

No comments:

Post a Comment