Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Heidi Michel


Hey, I'm Heidi and I'm an elementary school teacher who loves kids.  I recently finished my first year of teaching and I really enjoyed it.  In my free time, I like to read, cook, walk, talk, eat, scrapbook, dance and hang out.

I really like traveling and learning about different cultures, which is the lame but true reason for my initial acceptance of going to Haiti.  Beyond the excitement of traveling somewhere new, I'm really excited because I know that God has a plan.  I hope his plan blesses the people of Haiti and my team as well.  Personally, I hope he opens my heart and makes it more like his by taking me out of my comfort zones and rocking the boat on what I think is "normal".

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."



No comments:

Post a Comment