Thursday, June 20, 2013

Phil Lindau


I have been married for almost 29 years to Sharon.  We have two sons in their early 20's - David and Ben.  We have lived in Plymouth for over 20 years and have been members of Calvary for most of those years.  We love Calvary and have been involved in many ministries over the years, including youth mission trips.  I am a partner/manager in an agricultural commodity trading business in downtown Minneapolis where I work with great people in a very challenging work environment.  My favorite past time is coaching young men in soccer, which I do now with my young friend Bret.  We have a great bunch of young athletes this summer who are just now hitting their stride.  Go PSA Stars!!

My wife and I went to Haiti in January 2012 with Healing Haiti.  We were thoroughly impacted by the experience.  I have been looking forward to a return trip and feel blessed to be able to serve on this trip. A recent quote from David Platt's book Radical sums up my desire to serve:

"When we have the courage to look in the faces of brothers and sisters whose bodies are malnourished and whose brains are deformed because they have no food, Christ will change our desires, and we will long to sacrifice our resources for the glory of his name among them."



1 comment: