Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cathy LeVahn

I live in Lino Lakes and have two grown children, John (29) and Amy (28).  I’ve worked in Human Resource Management for over 20 years, a majority of that time in the medical device industry.  My ‘holy discontent’ drives my passion to serve the poorest of the poor.  I went on my first mission trip to Nicaragua in 2010.  In January of 2012 I was put in the path of Healing Haiti and was blessed with the wonderful opportunity to become their Aquaponics Advocate (raising fish in a recirculating system to grow vegetables hydroponically).  In April I made my first trip to Haiti to view the future aquaponics site at Grace Village.  Construction of the aquaponics system is now complete so I will be spending an additional week at Grace Village to get the system up and running and provide training to those who will partner with me to ensure sustainability.  I am also Healing Haiti’s Sponsorship Coordinator, a new and exciting role that I am excited to dig into.

“Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.”
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment