Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cathy LeVahn


I live in Lino Lakes and have two grown children, John (30) and Amy (29).  I've worked in Human Resource Management for over 20 years, a majority of that time in the medical device industry.  My 'holy discontent' drives my passion to serve the poorest of the poor.  In January of 2012 I was put in the path of Healing Haiti and was blessed with the opportunity to become their Aquaponics Lead Advocate.  In April I made my first trip to Haiti to view the future aquaponics site at Grace Village.  It was during this trip that I discovered God's purpose for my life.  I joyfully return to Haiti on a regular basis, each time anticipating how God will reveal his power, grace, love and transformation.

"Isn't it tragic when we become so self-centered we enter God's presence and say, "O God, bless me, bless my family, bless my church?"  Then God says, "I've been trying to do that all along but in a completely different way than you anticipated.  I want you to deny self.  Pick up your cross and follow me.  I will lead you to places where I am working and I'll include you in my activity.  You will be an instrument in My hand as I use your life to touch the world.  When I do that through you, you will truly experience My blessings." - Henry Blackaby







No comments:

Post a Comment