Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sandy Rogness


Today I’m attempting to pack for my second mission trip to Haiti.  How different than a year ago when I physically prepared so far ahead.  Now preparing seems more about prayer even though I know what the basics of our purpose will be.  The message God is good, gracious, and ever present will abound.  My husband, John, and sons, Jeff and Nick and their families have known wisely to let Mom have a somewhat clear calendar for the week before leaving, no caretaking of the grandkids.  I go as a retired teacher, with years of volunteer time at our church and some at our day school, subbing and tutoring, yet I wonder why this sense of inexperience as I try to pack.  Last year I joined with friend Cheryl, as an adventure to see her daughter, Jessica Burmester, serving a full year at Grace Village.  This year, without Cheryl,  I’m keeping Christ closer, as I feel my heart strings will tug harder with more babies and children to hold, smiles of joy and the blessings of Jesus being proclaimed as we share activities and food.  I go to give, and yet will receive so much more, attempting to take in how much of our Lord’s presence is at hand.  Can’t wait to see Jessica again!

No comments:

Post a Comment