Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ken Tritch


I was confirmed at Calvary in 1997, though just in the past two years have I become an active follower of Christ. I am currently working on my PhD in chemistry. My reaches into science have been foundational to the growth of my faith, an outcome that I was neither seeking nor expecting when going into science. Music and designing and building guitar electronics is my biggest hobby. I frequently play electric guitar and other instruments at the Journey Community worship service. Upon becoming active at Calvary, I felt immediately called into serving the local community through several of the many channels available through church, in addition to stepping outside of the box during everyday life around the twin cities area. Roughly one year ago, that calling expanded to the international scale when I felt drawn to participate in a Healing Haiti trip during a presentation at Calvary. I was unable to go last January due to a school conflict, and I have been looking forward to the trip coming up this September since that time. I had never booked an airplane flight before this trip, nor have I left the country by more than a few miles into Manitoba, nor been on a mission trip. I am looking forward to this opportunity to serve the people of Haiti with music, embrace, and loving energy. I also look forward to having my heart broken in a way that will forever transform my perspective on living and giving for the benefit of many, both abroad and back home, both needy and wealthy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment