Monday, August 6, 2012

Nikki and Mike McCain


We have been married for almost seven years.  We live in Richfield with our two wonderful children and our crazy dog.  Both Nikki & I are attorneys by profession.  I recently opened up my own law firm in St. Paul.  Nikki does contract work at a law firm in Minneapolis.  We joined Calvary in 2003 after graduating law school and moving from Boston to Minneapolis.  We have been blessed to be involved in several different ministries at Calvary.    

In January 2012, I went to Haiti for the first time on a mission trip through Healing Haiti lead by Brian and Anne.  The trip was life changing.  While in Haiti, I witnessed people living in desperate poverty, and yet many had an impenetrable faith in Jesus that I had never seen nor experienced before.  On this trip, I understood for the first time what it meant to be completely sufficient in Jesus Christ.  I am so excited for the opportunity to co-lead this trip with Brian and share this amazing experience with Nikki.  I pray that the trip will impact Nikki as much as it did me and help us to more fully surrender to God. 

“You are the light of the world.  A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”  Matthew 5:14-16   

1 comment: