Friday, February 26, 2016

Melanie DeJong



Hey there! My name is Melanie and this is my first trip to Haiti! I'd always hoped to travel and serve in Haiti, but had no idea when that time would come- I'm excited that the time is now! As a graduate of Bethel University, I had the wonderful opportunity to study and serve in Guatemala for 4 months where I naively thought I was going solely to help the people there. In reality, God had so much more planned for me. The joy and deep faith of the people, in spite of the extreme poverty, broke my heart and convicted me of the need to care about every single one of God’s people, hence the reason I was drawn to this trip to Haiti. I honestly don’t think I can even comprehend or begin to imagine what the Lord has in store for our team. I have no idea how, or where He will begin to teach. However, I am expecting the Lord to continue to break my heart and excited to see how He reveals Himself in even more ways through the Haitian people. 

4 comments: