Friday, January 20, 2012

Repeat??

We had a "repeat" day today. In the morning, we again delivered water to the people of Cite Soliel and in the afternon we visited the home of the sick and dying children. However, the day was not a "repeat" because the people we met and children we played with and comforted are all unique and special children of God. Each water stop had its own personality of the people living there. I especially appreciated how the older children would care for the younger children. I was having children blow bubbles as I was holding the wand. An older boy (12 maybe) came and started holding the wand and making sure everyone had a turn. No matter what country, children are children and love laughing, chasing bubbles and being loved.

I was very hesitant on Wednesday when we went to the home of sick and dying children. I was worried I wouldn't be able to handle what I would see emotionally. What I actually experienced on Tuesday and today was quite different from what I expected. It has been one of the highlights of my trip. The opportunity to play with these beautiful children, or to hold a sick child in your arms was such a rewarding experience. I didn't come away sad as I knew that their needs were being met by God. I also knew I was there doing what Christ wanted me to do being His hands and feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment