Sunday, August 10, 2014

More

                                 

        At the end of each day, we gather in the living room and discuss a Bible passage, go through pictures from the day, and participate in “Word of the Day.” The activity is pretty self-explanatory but essentially what it is is that we go around the circle and each one of us pick one word to describe our day. I look back at our first day of travel to Haiti and my word was “unsure.” I was nervous about what waited for me and what I was about to see. Tonight my word was “more.” I fell in love with the people of Haiti. I fell in love with the beauty of Haiti. I fell in love with Haiti. I want to hold a baby one more time. I want to visit Grace Village one more time. I want to ride on the tap-tap one more time. I want to see Marie and Edmund one more time. I want to sit in one of our nightly meetings one more time. I want MORE of Haiti. I began my journey here nervous about what my reaction to Haiti would be, and I ended this week wanting more. The team I served with is another HUGE reason why I had such an amazing experience here. The ups and downs of each day really drew us closer together.  We bonded through stories and laughter throughout the week and now I can call this group all dear friends of mine. Thank you everyone for praying for us this week and for all the donations that were given. Glwa pou bondye! Glory to God!

Hanna











No comments:

Post a Comment