Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Water Therapy with Kids from Gertrude’s Orphanage- Day 1

                                    
               
Wow what an amazing day! Today we got to go pick up 7 special kiddos from Gertrude’s special needs orphanage and bring them to a pool to swim and relax. It was so cool to see how their tense and stiff bodies just instantly relaxed once in the water. I spent most of the time with a sweet boy named Maxo, who is blind. Even though he could not see what was going on, his joy and contentment was very obvious as he alternated splashing and snuggling into my shoulder. It was truly a special day and I know I will always remember it. I was able to see so many of my other team members be the hands and feet of Jesus and for that I am very grateful.

Erin










No comments:

Post a Comment