Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jenna Trumbower


“There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone.” – Margaret Wheatley

This quote above is one that I have learned to live my life by. It motivates me to experience life in way that without faith, I would be very scared to do. Many times in my life I have found myself immersed in experiences, but not just any experiences, but rather experiences that test my beliefs, values, and understanding of life, faith, and perspective on the world we live in.  It is in these moments that I recognize great internal growth. My name is Jenna Trumbower and I am 23 years old. I graduated in 2012 from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. Following my graduation, I spent two and a half months in Malawi, Africa. I traveled to Malawi alone, which was one the greatest leaps of faith I have ever taken in my life. I am currently in the process of receiving my Master degree in social work. I have to say I have been very blessed with the opportunities that I have been provided with thus far in my life, therefore I chose to give my time and energy to support and provide for those in need. Whenever people say, “Social Work huh? That takes a special person,” my response is always, “I am blessed that I will never have to work a day in my life.”  I have found that it is quite amazing when a career and a passion come together.

I cannot describe the excitement and uneasiness that consumes me when it comes to this journey to Haiti. This is where I direct my attention to Margaret Wheatley’s quote. I will be doing exactly what she says. I will no longer be within my comfort zone, but I know that with faith and discomfort, amazing transformations can happen. This journey was presented to me by my mom, Pam Trumbower who is also attending. I am very thrilled that my mom will be experiencing this journey with me. I know that I will be bearing witness to some horrific conditions and situations for the people in Haiti, but I believe that God has some very mind boggling, passion enhancing, and breathtaking experiences ahead.

With Love,

Jenna 

No comments:

Post a Comment